How cutting up last year's calendar is therapeutic and inspirational.

Cutting up last year's calendar was so therapeutic!
Using a pair of scissors is therapeutic all on it's own,  but I was really glad, personally, to be done with this year. 

Yes,  2017 is done and I cut up my calendar to use the beautiful bits and inspiring things that made me buy the calendar in the first place.


This artwork belongs to a women named Angela Staehling.
She finds inspiration in nature and she is so talented!




I also wanted to share this book written by Austin Kleon.
He writes about where artists, (or anyone),  get creative ideas.  
We all start out by copying someone else's work.

BUT

Here's the thing,  you don't pass it off as your own.  You learn a techniquefind inspiration and create your own art based on what you have collected from other artists.

While I was cutting up my calendar I was studying the lines and shapes and colours that Angela Staehling uses in her work so I can apply it to my embroidery designs.








Comments