Jot it down - photography and creative writing


I am a visual person -  a voracious observer.  This is why photography and I get along so well.  

My favourite places to observe?  Walking along a wooded trail or hiking through the forest.  

When I get home I quickly jot down all the things that left an impression or told me a story.


A few weeks ago we had our first snow fall.  Not much,  just a dusting.  
I walked that morning,  on one of my favourite trails.  I rushed home after to jot it down



This morning I brought my camera.  
The snow has melted but the story was still there.

Here is part of what I wrote that morning:
"Red berries, red sumac, a dusting of white snow covering the green grass.
White fluffy seed pods that look like snow themselves.
It looks as if the trail is decorated for Christmas!"


Comments