My own embroidery design


After completing my first embroidery,  (the instructor's design),  I wanted to try my own.

I started with mountains.
Stories about people who climb mountains, like Mount Everest for example, fascinate me!


I wasn't crazy about the black line I stitched.  I don't know what I was thinking.
 (It kind of reminds me of a curvy tree branch.)




Just following my gut instincts here.


Finished.




For this particular piece I used:     wool and alpaca roving
                                                      vintage ribbon
                                                      cotton embroidery thread
                                                      cotton fabric
                                                      bamboo hoop

It's a challenge to come up with different ways to illustrate with thread and textiles.





Comments