Real life story telling and my first community project.


I stood in front of my sixth grade class and with my small, shy voice I read what I had written.
My dad had leukemia when I was nine years old and I chose to share my memories from this time in my family's life. 
When I finished, I looked up at my friends' faces and saw tears.  I was surprised that what I had written stirred up enough emotion to cause some of them to cry.

This experience has strengthened my desire to write, read and share real life stories.  
It has also motivated me to use my own creativity to make a difference in other people's lives.


---------------------------------------------



Here is the Facebook banner from my first community project.

If you would like to follow along with this project and share some stories and photos from your own family's wartime experiences please go to
'Great Coat Remembrance Day Project'  on Facebook and join the group.


The project itself runs from November 1st to November 11th at the Pelham Public Library.
Bring your children/grandchildren to show them what a Great Coat looks like.  Stitch the name of a veteran(s) onto fabric to be attached to the coat.
It's an interactive and meaningful way to remember them.





Comments