A glass of cold water and a $20 tip.


  
My small house gave birth to a hefty, "2 ton" upright freezer that dates back to the 1950's.
Could be exaggerating about the 2 tons,  but back then,  things were built to last.

I say 'gave birth' because as it was ascending the basement stairs the sounds I heard two grown men sputter and groan reminded me of the sounds of childbirth.

"Ok, on the count of three....one, two, three..GRUNNNT  Stop there and rest."
           "Huff, puff, huff, puff."            "Are you ok?  Almost there!"


It was a natural birth.  No help from ropes or straps or a dolly.  Just bare hands and pure determination.  
(I'm sure a little pride after they discovered my brother and my dad where the ones who brought the freezer down the stairs eighteen years ago.)


The pay off?  A glass of cold water,  a $20.00 tip and a referral to everyone I know.

Thank you JustJunk.  
I hope you are not suffering with a hernia today. 

Every woman I have told this story to has laughed out loud.

Comments