We brought you some tomatoes - sharing the harvest


"We brought you some tomatoes." 
I have heard this sentence every September since I was a kid.  My grandparents used to bring us tomatoes.  Now my parents utter these words when they come to visit.  As was the case yesterday.  So I know these tomatoes were picked a very short time ago.
Homegrown tomatoes are the best! 

The thing about tomatoes is once they begin to ripen on the plant,  the flood gates open and suddenly you have more tomatoes than you can or would want to eat.
You have to give some away!


We will be enjoying toasted tomato sandwiches today with a dose of salt and pepper and creamy mayo.

After their time in the spotlight I couldn't resist...I stood at the kitchen sink and ate those  juicy slices in two seconds flat.


Comments