Imperfect pears

As Thanksgiving weekend approaches my thoughts turn inward.  
The kids have been talking about what they are thankful for,

so...I am thankful for

imperfections.

Imperfections show everyone I am human,  I am my own person and I am unique.
I put a lot of pressure on myself to be perfect at everything I do,  or my need to wait for that perfect moment.

Perfect is boring,  and predictable,  and has no story.
(perfect is stressful)
I thought I would show you what the heck I'm talking about with a photo study of some bartlett pears.

I like pears.  I think because artists used them quite often in still life paintings. 

They stand up straight and on their own,  they have good shape,  and their stems are not broken...perfect.


That's a little better.


Beautiful.
This set of pears are misshaped,  have bumps,  a broken stem and are falling over,
but
 they are much more interesting to look at,  right?
They tell a story.
A lot like people - we all have a story.
(if you haven't noticed by now,  I like stories!)


what are you thankful for?

  



Comments