100th post!

Each new school year the teachers and kids celebrate the 100th day of school.  They string 100 coloured cereal O's onto a necklace or decorate paper banners with the number 100 written large in the centre.
It's a milestone and an accomplishment and a clever way to keep kids excited about school.

self-portrait, April 2011

 This is my 100th blog post!  I won't be making jewellery with cereal or drawing a banner but I will tell you....

My blog started out as a way to show off the jewellery I was making.  Through styling and photographing my jewellery I fell in love with photography all over again.  Experimenting with photography has been really fun.  Self portraits, my family, nature, and food.  I like telling stories with photos.  I like sharing information and more recently food and nutrition has taken centre stage.

The reason I write a blog?
It's all about memories and leaving something behind for my kids and their kids to read and look at.
I have really come to realize this need to document times in mine and my family's life more than ever since the loss of my grandpa.  We still have a lot of sorting and discovering to do.  He did not keep a journal (if he did, we haven't found it yet) but I wish he had.

As a gift to my kids I keep this journal so they can see what mom was all about.

Comments