Secret smoothie ingredient

 My daily challenge is to get my kids to eat healthy, nourishing foods.   I offer them a fruit smoothie.
I'm not talking about the packaged, already prepared mixes you can find at the grocery store and just throw into the blender.  

A smoothie is one of the best ways to sneak in foods that my kids wouldn't normally eat.

I have added ground flax seeds, fresh ginger root and brazil nuts.
(Not all in the same smoothie)



This particular smoothie was a 'plain jane' - no secret ingredient added.





After one sip he exclaimed, "this is better than ice cream!"
(I added cinnamon for the first time)

What mom wouldn't love to hear that!

Tell me what tricks you have up your sleeve to get your kids to eat healthy.


Comments

  1. Hey there! Great blog! I just finished making a turkey meatloaf with all sorts of veggies, even eggplant, so will let you know how the hide the veggies went over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment! Meatloaf is a great way to 'hide' the good stuff. It's a fine balance of texture and colour isn't it? Too much of one and I'm busted!
      Good luck with your mealtime adventures.

      Delete

Post a Comment