Shearing and spinning and felting, oh my!

I find I gravitate toward nature and using natural materials to create with.  I am becoming more aware of using toxic ingredients when creating art and also in my everyday activities, especially with the kids.  Recently, I have been exploring wool and the process of felting.  I like wool because it is light weight, warm and soft.  It's also extremely versatile.  Different kinds of sheep make different kinds of wool, not to mention alpaca's increasing popularity.  Alpaca is actually much softer!  I found a web directory for Ontario Alpaca breeders.  I was surprised to find a few local breeders.  Here is the website:  http://www.alpacaontario.ca/


Here are some colours in wool I have chosen to 'play' with.  With winter just around the corner I want to create something warm and beautiful that I will wear on the many frosty days ahead! 

  

Comments