Back in 2011, I made a self portrait under the Comfort Maple, also known as 'Old Glory', in North Pelham, Ontario.


Looking through my family's collection of photos, I found some pictures taken of my siblings and I at the Comfort Maple.





My daughter at the Comfort Maple.




My son chilling at the Comfort Maple.




This tree has seen so much history - it's mind boggling,  really.
It sits on a small patch of land and is surrounded by acres of crops.  The landscape constantly changes  but Old Glory stands tall and strong.

  I drive out to see her every so often.
She puts everything into perspective.
I know she has had to endure hard times herself.

Being hit by lighting and having branches much too large for her to hold on her own.
She receives support in the way of wire cables.

Just as we all require support at some time. 💚







Comments