Stitch meditation



Although every embroidery piece I complete is meditative for me, this piece was created specifically for stress relief.  It's called stitch meditation.
It doesn't require a hoop so I can easily pop it into my purse.
I chose pieces of fabric I like and arranged them on a backing fabric.
I filled it in with the most simple stitches and took the opportunity to practice some french knots.





I love how it turned out.  Maybe I knew some winter weather was on it's way.  (I started it weeks ago when we had sunny, colourful days.)
It reminds me of an overcast winter day.  Heavy grey snow clouds, brown landscape and tree silhouettes covered in snow. 

After I finished this stitch meditation I discovered new combinations and design concepts to use in future embroidery pieces.  Looking forward to trying them!

Comments