The road most travelled

Autumn is my favourite season.  A drive down a tree-lined country road is a treat for the eyes.  Farmer's fields start to turn shades of brown.   Open fields of flowering weeds - purple, yellow and white.  Maple trees putting on a show.

When I was kid,  Point Abino Rd. was my favourite road to travel.  It's a country road with small hills and valleys which if you were riding in a full-sized sedan with cushy shocks, was almost as good as an amusement park ride.  (Especially when my mom was driving!)

I still drive this road,  all the time.  This embroidery piece is my take of a field on Point Abino Rd.

I never know how a piece is going to turn out.  This is the beginning.


How bout you?  Do you have a favourite road you loved to travel when you were a kid?


   

Comments