Shine a light.

I'm waiting for Noah to get ready for school.
It's already the afternoon,  but it's better that he's going at least part of the day.

While I was styling and shooting these photos I wasn't feeling:
  • frustration because this is the third day in a row that Noah's anxiety has hijacked my plans
  • self-doubt about my ability to be a good parent 
  • pressure from my ex-husband - that I am not doing everything I can to get Noah to school


Spring is just around the corner.  The sun is shining and is beginning to linger a little longer with each passing day.  I adore the sun beams that shine through my east facing window.  My antique wood table looks warm and golden.



The photos I create make me feel calm and quiet inside.   Is this what practicing mindfulness feels like?  When I looked at the photos on my computer they gave me a little boost and a feeling of accomplishment even though I didn't check anything off my to-do list for the day.



When I close my eyes,  I envision that God, source, the universe, spirit, (whatever higher power is in charge),  looks like pure light.  Making photographs and capturing sunlight with my camera is my way to shine a light because it comes from my heart.



Bryan Adams released a single a few months ago called 'Shine a Light'  
It's very inspiring and may just be my theme song!
Have a listen!





Comments