Nature's Corner Bakery

Last weekend my favourite local bakery,  Nature's Corner Bakery and Cafe in Ridgeville,  Ontario   held a customer appreciation event to celebrate their first year in business.  Rachel and her husband Stacie filled two days with fun activities like make your own lip balm and how to make rustic furniture.  There were angel readings by Rachel Carson,  as well as samples from Church Hill Natural Meats,  coffee tasting,  baked goodies,  popcorn and a viewing of the documentary "Food Inc".  Two authors,  Kara Bartley and Sylvia Somerville, (both from Niagara),   were also invited to read from their newest literary works.  Tammy Dunlavey illustrates for both authors and had her work on display and for purchase.

Saturday evening,  once the sun said it's last good-byes the bakery became an even warmer and more inviting place to be.  I sat back and listened to Sylvia and Kara tell me stories while sipping a comforting cup of fair trade, organic coffee.  After they were finished I had my palm read and my fortune told by Rachel in a candlelit corner of the cafe.

A handful of us stayed to have our fortunes told and enjoy some good conversation.


orange-chocolate,   gluten free muffin and a fair trade,  organic coffee - my favourite time of the morning.


I take a short drive down Canboro Rd. into Ridgeville to visit Nature's Corner for the coffee,  teas,  organic bread and gluten free baked goods and sometimes other little extras (they also carry all kinds of handmade gifts).    Rachel and her staff always greet me with kind words and a welcoming smile.

Share with me a special place you like to go.  If you don't have one,  let me suggest Nature's Corner Bakery and Cafe.


Comments